MIXING IT UP PRODUCTIONS
PROUDLY ANNOUNCES THEIR CONTEST FOR EMERGING PLAYWRIGHTS
DEADLINE: June 12, 2020 Midnight (EST)
Mixing It Up Productions encourages playwrights to take this opportunity to showcase their work to professionals in the theatre industry. Our company is always looking for plays that show potential in the commercial market as well as in the performing arts.
(Please note that plays that do not meet these requirements will not be eligible for consideration)
- Scripts must be original and in English.
- Adaptations are ineligible.
- Submissions are limited to one script per playwright.
- No musicals will be accepted.
- Scripts that have been produced by Equity or professional companies or published are ineligible.
- Scripts that have had a workshop or reading are acceptable.
- Plays may be in any genre i.e. drama, comedy, youth.
- Entries received after the June 12th deadline will not be considered.
- The submission must begin with a cover page that includes the work’s title and the playwright’s name, address, telephone number, and email.
- Scripts must be standard sized in PDF format. (Standard Dramatists Guild format is preferred).
- A character list and scene breakdown, if applicable, should be included in the attachment.
- All submissions will be judged with the playwright’s name withheld.
- No changes or resubmissions may be made once a script has been submitted.
- We will confirm that an initial submission has been received.
- A panel of judges will consist of writers, directors, producers, and theater enthusiasts.
- Contest winners will be posted on our website.
- Each participant will be notified of the results by email.
- There will be no written or oral critique given on scripts submitted.
- Winners will be announced by July 30, 2020.
SHORT PLAYS (10 to 15 pages)
Winner will receive a year subscription to Play Submissions Helper where playwrights are given a huge collection of play opportunities.
ONE-ACT (20 to 60 pages)
Winner will receive a year subscription of Broadway HD where theatre enthusiasts can stream their favorite Broadway hits at anytime and anywhere.
FULL-LENGTH (70 to 100 pages)
Winner will receive a 30 minute virtual video meeting with Tony Award Winning Broadway Producer, Tracey Knight Narang plus an award of $100.
Please send the requested materials via email to email@example.com with the
subject line: 2020 Contest.
Whether you’re looking to license a play, record a song, or take advantage of our other offerings, we would love to hear from you.